Monday, May 13, 2013

Goodreads

Goodreads Impressions:
I've used Goodreads for several years now. It's a great tool for keeping track of what I've read and learning what others are reading. I will sometimes use it to pick up recommendations. I'm also a big fan of the listopia feature. I use this feature on a regular basis in RA exchanges.
Other cool things about Goodreads:
  • Having discussions with friends and colleagues about books
  • Following the reading tastes of complete strangers because their likes are so similar to mine – great way to decide what to read next!
  • “Friending” favorite authors
  • Creating short reviews for books I particularly love (or hate)
  • Recommending books to friends/colleagues

Recommendation sent to Laura George in Goodreads:
Since you liked Time to Kill, you may also like Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin. Like Grisham, Franklin does an excellent job with sense of place. The Southern dialogue and characters are pitch-perfect. Also like Time to Kill, Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter works exceedingly well as a thriller. Franklin does a great job with pacing and maintains suspense throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment